Here is a link to the new National Curriculum which became statutory in September 2014. It is broken down into subjects showing expectation for Year groups in all subjects. Primary Curriculum THE CURRICULUM
KEY STAGE 1 AND 2.
In accordance with the National Curriculum the children study the following subjects:-
- Religious Education
- Information and Communications Technology
- Art and Design
- Physical Education
- Design Technology
- Personal Social and Health Education and Citizenship
Whilst the majority of the curriculum is taught with a single subject focus, teachers take every opportunity to link curriculum areas where this is considered appropriate.
The Early Years Curriculum:
Children in our Reception Classes follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which consists of the following areas of learning
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development-making relationships,self confidence and self awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
- Communication and Language-listening and attention,understanding and speaking
- Physical Development-moving and handling, health and self care
- Literacy – reading and writing
- Mathematics-number,shape,space and measure
- Expressive Arts and Designs-exploring and using media materials, being imaginative
- Understanding of The World-people and communities, the world and technology
For more details on the curriculum, please see the school prospectus.
Individual curriculum overviews can be found in each class page. Please click the links below to take you to the 'curriculum mindmap' for each class - showing what they are studying on a termly basis:
|Clee (Reception)||Miners (Year 1)||Netherton (Year 1)||Arley (Year 2)||Station (Year 3/4)|
|Ironbridge (Year 3/4)||Hazelwells (Year 3/4)||Severn (Year 5)||Hitchens (Year 6)||Wrekin (Year 6)|